- Usage: git push [variable name] master
- This command sends the committed changes of master branch to your remote repository.
- Usage: git push [variable name] [branch]
- This command sends the branch commits to your remote repository.
- Usage: git push -all [variable name]
- This command pushes all branches to your remote repository.
- Usage: git push [variable name] :[branch name]
- This command deletes a branch on your remote repository.
- [vagrant@master ~]$ git push https://github.com/ rajivmaria/professors-repo
- warning: default is unset; its implicit value is changing in Git 2.0 from ‘matching’ to ‘simple’. To squelch this message and maintain the current behavior after the default changes, use:
- git config –global default matching
- To squelch this message and adopt the new behavior now, use:
- git config –global default simple
- See ‘git help config’ and search for ‘push.default’ for further information.
- (the ‘simple’ mode was introduced in Git 1.7.11. Use the similar mode ‘current’ instead of ‘simple’ if you sometimes use older versions of Git)
- Username for ‘https://github.com’: rajivmaria
- Password for ‘https://email@example.com’:
- remote: Support for password authentication was removed on August 13, 2021. Please use a personal access token instead.
- remote: Please see https://github.blog/2020-12-15-token authentication-requirements-for-git-operations/ for more information.
- fatal: Authentication failed for ‘https://github.com/ rajivmaria/professors-repo/’
Join the conversation